Monday, May 01, 2006

It's Been A While...

Where to start?
I have been a slacker and thought about posting many times, but have had no funny stories or really anything to account for that has been worth telling and making people sit there and read. I will post more as the summer comes up b/c I am sure I will have many stories after the trips and not to mention Garza is coming here to work and that will just be awesome.
I went golfing for the first time ever. It was so much fun, but let us say I am not a candidate for the green jacket anytime soon. A good friend told me, "You will have a few good shots that keep you coming back to the course." That I did and instead of the course I will stick to the driving range until I feel comfortable.
On Friday night Beth and I went to Austin to a Matt Wertz concert. I must say he is a pretty good performer. I was able to eat dinner and attend the concert with Mija (Jen Perkins), Ros (Rosalyn Perry), and Ferika (Erika Watts). It was an absolute blast. Ferika made a comment, "Americans are so boring they just stand around and watch some guy perform for them, I want to dance." Those that know her well know that she then began dancing and did not stop for the rest of the concert. Let me set the stage. It was at a night club downtown Austin and I think we were the only few that did not have our hand stamped. Highschoolers flooded the place. It was a small, dark, crowded room, and I might be getting too old but it was freakin loud at least while Josh Hoge was performing and I hate to say it but he was terrible. The other two guys were pretty good and one Matt Kearney sounded a little like Coldplay. But the true highlight of my week was Ferika and Mija livening up the place and dancing for a long time while we stood there laughing at those around us giving them funny looks. It was priceless.

3 comments:

JENNY said...

haha! I can definitely imagine Erika and Jen dancing like that in a concert. I'm sure it was awkward and hilarious! Miss you, Kenli!

Kara said...

wish i could have been there. dancing with those girls is an out of body experience.

Jen said...

ok i'm awkward, erika is hilarious. kinda like she's the pretty one and i'm the funny one scenario.