Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring Break...

You have not seen an angry mob until you tell a 100 plus passengers to change from gate C7 to gate C21 due to a missing part on the plane. Wow, I heard a huge sigh and then just moaning. The people that were the best to watch were the passengers in group A, obviously I flew Southwest. They were pissed because they for sure had their choice of seats, then in a matter of seconds all that was messed up. It was completely out of their control. This mad mob of passengers was literally running through the airport to beat the others to the gate. I noticed through all the confusion a sweet lady in a wheelchair. She was told that a worker would come back for her because they also had to wheel three others. She sat there and watched the angry mob dart around the chair people flew past her paying no attention, some hit her and some brushed by her and others did nothing short of juked her to get around the wheelchair. Granted, she was a preboarder so she need not worry about where she was in line, but still it was sad to watch people run so carelessly around her. I heard many complaints of not getting a good seat and plans of one rushing ahead and getting in line while the other carried the luggage of the two. It was a sight to see. Once everyone got to their places and called the people picking them up, we heard over the speaker that there was now a flat tire on this new plane and it would be another hour or so before we took off. The groaning and complaining had escalated at this point as people began reaching for their cell phones. This was so great to witness and I was able to eat dinner now, so very content. I love hearing people talking to those around them and meeting new people. I got to make some friends while we waited. We finally boarded and took off.
This was all possible because I was able to spend some quality time with Mo and Blake in Nashville. It was so great to see them. It felt like old times when we all lived together, just conversation has changed a bit to real life instead of chapel or some kid that looks like a bumble bee in history class. I also spent time in San Antonio and that was great as well.
Hopefully, it will not take me so long to post again, no promises though.

3 comments:

Kara said...

kenli- i can't imagine you making friends with complete strangers...huh. : )
i am glad you got to visit blake and mo. i am sure they miss your comic relief in their lives!

Blake and Moriah said...

Which one looked like a bumble bee? I can't remember who it was. Help!! I'm glad you came to see us! Sorry it wasn't that fun... you did get some really cute shoes, though! Love you! Mo

Kate said...

I'm glad you had a fun spring break and survived the airport chaos with perspective and humor. Airports are some of the best places to people-watch. I don't think I could ever work there...my patience wouldn't last long.