Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Just Happened...

Alright, when I sub I usually find a student that enjoys watching TV almost as much as I do. So, I have found one in the class I am currently subbing. We were talking about shows, Brothers and Sisters to be exact, and discussing the happenings thus far in the season. If you do not watch, which you should, there is gay brother on the show. She had a question about the gay brother and from across the room another student yelled out, "my brother is gay". What?!?! The student talking to me froze and awkwardly replied, "I was talking about a show". It was awesome. I am still laughing about it.
On the subbing story note, I was talking with this same TV loving student the other day during class and we were discussing Gossip Girl. I was replaying a scene and said, "Why did you sleep with him?" At that moment I realized that another student had walked to the front to get something and heard it all. He was astonished and tried to slip away slowly with fear that he was not supposed to hear what was just said by the sub. I fixed it and explained the whole thing to him.
I love these kids.

6 comments:

Kara said...

if you get sued by a parent or student, i will vouch for your positive character. i'm glad you have found another student to share you passion of tv with...

Unknown said...

thats funny.....you should still come to san antonio!

Angela said...

We love Brothers & Sisters...did you know Kevin actually has an Australian accent? We watched the DVD and, of course, had to watch all the extras as well! Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say something about your last blog. I thought it was so very positive of you and I love that. I think it shows great growth and maturity to be grateful for where you and and who you are. I love you, Ken. miss you!

JENNY said...

haha. I just love you Kenli!

Leah said...

I can see you talkin' TV with kids. I bet you are one of the coolest subs in your district. :)

Nolan asked me to draw you today...

We miss you!