Monday, December 12, 2005

It's the most wonderful time of the year





I tried to post one last week and whilst (thanks Chandler from friends) I was in the middle of, what I think was a great one, Austin looks over and says the internet is down you should save that. The next button I pushed, it all deleted. I was devastated, not really, but just did not want to redo it all right then. I will try to place in the highlights of the last one, but no promises.
My meeting Kelly Clarkson was true, for you non-believers, but not as cool as Kat seeing Will Smith in Abilene, what? I believe her, I have to. But, did she get a picture with him, doubt it.
More great news: Linds King and Brent Couchman got engaged Friday night after graduation!!
Hess is finally getting married this Saturday, yesss!!
Truly it is the most wonderful time of the year. I love the lights on houses, the music, the trees, the hot chocolate, a Christmas story-the movie, the turtlenecks and sweaters, and sno; nevermind, not here. I really miss the house in Abilene, well a couple of them, but my favorite was the one right across from the ad building, that had so many lights up. It was so trashy, they loved this holiday and it showed. They got every decoration out they could and found a place to put it out in their yard or roof or wherever they could. You know what I am talking about. The other was the house on sayles with the half circle drive viewing a large room through a huge window with every santa clause since the idea was thought up.
This morning the student ministries staff dressed up in cheesy Christmas attire. Austin, of course, took it to the next level and colored a mustache on his face and wore glasses, he pretty much looked like Chester the molester, nasty. We all took pictures and had a blast, it was a grand ol time. We have so much together, I love laughing.
The other night we went to the infamous Lucado Christmas party. The house was packed. It was so great and you guessed it, David Robinson was there. I will not humiliate myself and Hall with the stalking throughout the night that occurred, but I will tell you of the end. We went to tell a friend bye and lo and behold she and her husband were talking to David and his wife. So, we were just going to wave and she said wait come here and went in for the hug. I was not going to argue and hugged her and then her husband then turned around to leave and saw this shadow coming down on me, I looked up only to see David collapsing on me and wrapping his long arms around me. Then, he kissed my cheek. It was as though his entire mouth was eating my face, that was sick. I love DRob he is so nice. I am starting to sound obsessed, I will stop.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Kenli,
I didn't get a picture, you're right, sorry I'm not crazy like you. Like the red holiday colors...i added a memory just for you. Love you.