Saturday, November 26, 2005

I was a normal fan before tonight

Tonight I became a little obsessed 13 year old girl. It was pretty awesome. I was a normal fan before tonight.
Here we go from the beginning. I came to Burleson for thanksgiving b/c my parents now live here. We went to dinner at Chili's and I never thought twice about Kelly being here. Until, we walked in the restaurant and my dad went to tell the lady we had 4 and heard someone behind him say, "Kelly". They seated us right away and when we got to our table dad told me he heard someone say, "Kelly" and he wondered if that was Kelly Clarkson. I turned around to look and did not think so. Boy was I wrong. I said, "don't you think if that was Kelly, they would have seated her already." Then, the waitress turned and said, "it is her" At that moment I got a little excited. I told my parents I should just walk up and introduce myself, jokingly. I had an excuse to stand close to her b/c Beth was meeting us at Chili's so I got up to go wait for her at the door. While waiting I thought why not just walk up and meet her, you only have one shot. I kept staring, of course, and watched a guy walk up and talk to one of her friends. Then he introduced himself and got her autograph, which he said was for his 7 year old niece, yeah right it was for him. As soon as he left I made my move. I went in for the kill. I walked over and tapped on her shoulder and she turned. My heart was pounding. I said, "I do not want to seem like a little 13 year old girl (she laughed), but I want to introduce myself. I am Kenli." She said, "hi, nice to meet you." I said, "My friend, Hall, looooves (you know how I say loves, Rosalyn) you." Then, I said, "Can I do another 13 year old, stalkerish thing and get a picture with you." She said, "of course." So, I took out my old phone and she commented on it and her friend, the one she bought the car for, took our picture. It is for sure my background. After that I said, "nice to meet you, see ya later". What, see ya later, that was stupid. She said, "ok, tell your friend hi. It was awesome!! I met Kelly Clarkson. Then Beth showed up and we sat down and I told her the whole story. My dad said, "only Kenli". We freaked out and tried to watch her the whole time. You might think the story ends there, but it does not.
I get home and Beth calls. She told me she had turned around b/c that was Kelly freakin Clarkson and we needed to do something about that. So, I went back with camera in hand and we sat in Beth's car waiting to play paparazzi. She came out and we sat and waited and waited and took a few pics and waited some more. She finally got into a black tahoe, that had been waiting in the parking lot for her, and they drove away, with us in close proximity. We went down this one road for many miles and were dying laughing the whole time. At one point Beth said, "Are we really doing this?" They turned, so we turned. Until they turned into their private driveway, the following, or should I say stalking, had come to an end. It was great while it lasted. She lives on Benton Lawson. Yeah, I know where Kelly lives. I even took a picture of her mailbox. This could have been the best night ever.

11 comments:

ewall said...

ok a couple of things:

I've been sitting here trying to figure out something to say, I'm just...this is unbelievable.

so kelly clarkson could go pretty much anywhere to eat and she chooses chili's? excellent choice kelly, excellent.

ok, so foster sneaks in to a u2 concert. you meet kelly clarkson and you and bp pretty much stalk her. linds sits close enough at a spurs game to see how cool their shoes are, goes to ny, meets tait. anybody else got any news??

dang i'm due. there's gotta be something going on in portland, huh? :)

Love you Kenli and love hearing the adventures that happen to you!

Anonymous said...

luckyyy

Kat said...

Kenli,

I just figured out how you get so many comments...you just make up stories like this one so people will think you're cool, good move. No really, I love Kelly too and am pretty jealous that you got to meet her, at Chilis no less! Hope you're doing well friend.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear there a girls our age as crazy as me. I just bought her newest CD a few weeks ago and looked up her website not too long before that.

Ames

Anonymous said...

kenli thats awesome!! haha well i just wanted to comment so you would know i read it and to say that i am glad i got to see you and your cute apt. say hi to george and ben for me! love ya!

Cody Blair said...

i'm SO jealous kenli

Rosalyn said...

Ken, OMG I wish I had been with you...you do know I am Kelly on my celebrity facebook group...I looooove her. Rosie

JENNY said...

That's so funny, Kenli! I can't believe you and Beth followed her, too. haha! Love you!

Tell Kami congrats!!!!

D Pitt said...

I don't konw if this story is really cool, or just really creepy

Kara said...

Why don't you figure out a way to get the picture from your phone onto this blog, and then maybe I will believe you. I'll have to echo your dad "only Kenli."

Kat said...

Kenli,
Believe me I saw him and Jada too with their two kids...and their two huge body guards. At least I've posted something in the past two weeks...good try Kenli