Monday, February 06, 2006

How Great is Our God...

The title of this blog is absolutely my favorite song right now. I think it will be for a long time to come. It is sung by Chris Tomlin. It is a song that, believe me, you do not want to be in the car with me when it comes on the radio b/c I belt it out as though I were Faith Hill or Kelly Clarkson. The title says it all but it goes beyond that. I have no clue where this is going just work with me here. He is so great. Lately I have tried to look around at the small things and I have realized that He is in it all, I knew that, it is just very evident at this moment. I lose focus when I look at the big picture of things. He absolutely goes before us and prepares the way. I can see that all around me with the friends he has blessed me with everywhere I go and the things he puts in my hand to do or to be a part of. Right now I am overwhelmed with His love and the way he puts it all together for us. Wow. I can think back to even an hour ago and see why He did that. Often times though I do not see the reason until years later. Look around today and see where He has placed you and know it is for a reason. You might think it is crappy and ready to move to the next place, but be there for Him and bless those around you. Love you guys. I could write all day, but I will spare you.
We lost our game, again, Sat. We only have 2 more left. I think I will miss losing, nah, the kids though.
DNow this weekend was great. I got to see many friends and through them were greatly encouraged.
Kami has given us choices for bridesmaid dresses and she got her dress, it is coming together.
Sing song is near. I must fix my speaker before we go b/c I made a promise and b/c it is flat annoying when it acts up.
Encourage someone today.
Thought for the day: I wish it were still cool to tuck in your shirts. Thought about b/c Austin noticed they all have their shirts tucked in on the front of the lectureship booklet.

5 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Ken it was a great weekend and such an encouragment to see you and be with those girls! Thanks for letting me be apart of it all!

JENNY said...

You are so encouraging, Kenli. I can't wait to hug your neck at sing son!! Love you!

Kara said...

Ken-
Great song, great words. See you soon!

Jen said...

i will remember that year with all that i am-jp

Blake and Moriah said...

Man! I miss you! I wish we were coming to Sing Song, but we are trying to be grown up... which sometimes sucks! We should talk! I'll call you on Friday! Love you! -MoMo