Thursday, November 17, 2005

Gotta love a good story...

You know when you wait for something funny to happen and your first thought when it finally does is I will blog about that, well it happened to me and Hall yesterday. (Read this also posted on her blog lindsayhallerbackgirl.blogspot.com) My friend, Hall (Lindsay Hall) asked me to go to the drug store with her and, of course, I said yes. We get there and a small pakistan man named Leo comes up to us and you know the drill asks us if we need help or if we have questions just ask him. (When I say Leo picture a short pakistan man with a white button down GNC shirt and nasty hair protruding out with nonetheless a gold chain around his neck.) Well, Hall had a drug in her hand and so she just mentioned about being interested in that...wrong thing to say. Leo proceeded to tell us everything about this drug and more for the next 20 minutes, seemed like an hour. It was one of those instances where you could tell he had read up on this item and knew everything about it and just waited for the day that a customer came in and picked it up so he could share all that he knew. Finally, he leaves to go help another customer and all I can say is, all he did was make me hungry. We laughed about old Leo and then we heard footsteps, I knew he was back. He grabbed another bottle of pills that goes hand in hand with the first and, you guessed it told us all about that one too. At that point I am just trying to keep a straight face and cannot, I repeat, cannot look at Hall. He leads us to the register and continues to talk and talk and talk about all these items and how to and what not to do, etc. Do not judge me for what I laughed at next, but he for sure used the phrase "hard stool" what the crap, at that point I was done I had to hide behind some items and lost it completely. It was so great. We laughed so hard once we left. You might think the story stops there, but it only gets better. We went back to the church to drop her off and get my car. She is headed to the door and I am driving away. I notice she is talking to this kid, Nathan, on a rock ledge on the other side of my car. Background: his name is Nathan he is in middle school and we have to love them. Nathan is just trouble; he causes it, he gets into it, he is just a twirp to use my daddy's word. He hollers at her saying he had just met Bruce Bowen, of the San Antonio spurs, she is excited and tells him that is cool. I, trying to be the nice intern also ask him what happened, he tells me and I say that is awesome Nathan. Right then he looks at me and chunks a rock clear at my car, I am sitting in the driver's seat and he just throws it. I look at him and say, "don't" then look over at Hall and say, "Are you kidding me, he just threw a rock at my car." we both busted out laughing and I left. Wow, what a day. I love it here.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Hi Kenli!

So glad to see you're blogging... Now I can get my fix of "kenli stories"... I miss our time together in the office.

Love you!
jenna

ewall said...

kenli, ok, we can share the credit for getting lij and neen hooked up, but just us, ok? good one by the way, they are pretty good together. :)